Awkwardly Triumphant Return

7:27 AM

Tonight was my first time back on skates since my shoulder injury nearly five months ago. It was scary and beautiful all at once. I felt awkward and clumsy as if I were a brand new recruit. None of that mattered.
I've officially retired from my team, although I will always be a Royal Pain. I'm going to continue to skate with my league for recreation and fitness. It's been an amazing adventure but there aren't enough hours in the day to fit everything in and I still have some physical recovery ahead of me. 

Take a peek at my roller derby page. Never been to a derby game? Always wanted to be a roller derby girl/guy? Check it out! It's one of the top accomplishments of my life so far. Even post surgery, I don't regret a minute of it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images